The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro has been pet friendly since opening back in February 2012. This was not a deliberate decision, but accidental … the owners came from working in hotels across the water that had been pet friendly and thought nothing of it … It came as a bit of a surprise to find themselves trend setters in Northern Ireland by allowing dogs to eat with their owners in the lounge area of the hotel.
At The Salty Dog we know how important it is to have your pets on holiday, they are part of the family after all. Bangor is a great place for you to explore the Ards Peninsula, Strangford Lough and the rest of County Down. There is the famous Coastal Path and an abundance of beaches as well as forests, hills, trails and pathways to explore and without travelling too far. With so many sights, smells and sounds your four-legged friend may not want to leave!
We welcome any dog, regardless of size, weight or breed, as long as they are cute, adorable and well-behaved and they can stay in any of our rooms.
We allow a maximum of 2 large/medium sized dogs or three small dogs per room. There is a one off charge of £15.00 for one dog, £20.00 for two dogs or £25.00 for three. £5 of each of these charges will go to our local animal shelter, Assisi, to help doggos who aren’t fortunate enough to have owners that take them away.
When staying overnight at the hotel with your dog(s) we ask that you bring their bedding, crates, bowls, toys etc. to make them feel extra comfortable in what can be a strange environment for them.
All dogs which visit The Salty Dog receive complimentary treats & water, and those who book in to stay with us receive a Doggie Box of goodies and a sausage for breakfast (for those allowed).
- Doggy Tooth Brush
- Armstrong’s Twisted Fish Packet
- Poop bags
For those travelling lightly we can provide bedding, feeding mat, bowl and towel for their pets at a charge of £10 per night.
We also have information on …
- Dog Grooming Options
- Dog Walking Services
- Maps of Local Walks
- Doggie Menu
- Chicken & Beef Meatloaf
- Rice and Carrots
- Dog Beer
- Dog Ice Cream
- Dog Chocolate
We do have to have some special terms & conditions for our doggy friends
1. Dogs must be on a short lead at all times within the main building and around the bedrooms.
2. Dogs must be clean and smelling fresh – heavy doggy smells will not be allowed in the lounge.
3. Barking or whining dogs will be asked to leave the main building.
4. Dogs cannot be left unattended in bedrooms during a meal unless in their regular sleeping cage.
5. Housekeepers access your bedroom daily so dogs cannot be left unattended during the day.
6. To dine with your dog – please make sure you book a table in our lounge area early.
7. Dogs must not sit directly on any furniture within the main building or in your bedroom.
8. Please ask for a dog blanket if required.
9. Lifting Poop – You must be in attendance with your dog when it is let outside to lift poop.