Coronavirus Procedures at The Salty Dog
Coronavirus – Covid 19
I am sure you are all a bit fed up with Coronavirus talk … however … we need to make sure that we do everything we can to protect those that work for us and those that choose to carry on with normal life whilst taking the reccomended precautions. We have therefore come up with our Salty Dog/Cusotmer Charter. Its a bit of a long read, but trust it helps.
***The Salty Dog/Customer Charter***
We are all obviously hoping that Coronavirus is brought under control sooner rather than later. We know that with sensible precautions there is good reason to carry on with our normal lives. However, to make sure that we are all following the precautions we believe that we should make clear what we are doing and what we expect our guests to do.
As far as we know Covid-19, to give the disease its proper name, is transmitted by touch – a person touching an infected surface (whether an object or another person) and then touching their mouth, nose or eyes. The surface becomes contaminated by somebody coughing or sneezing on it directly, or because they have coughed or sneezed into their hand and then touched the surface, or they have touched an already contaminated surface and transferred it to the new surface.
We will ensure all precautions are taken to avoid the potential of contamination occurring in The Salty Dog:-
– Cutlery, crockery, glassware and linens are washed at over 60 degrees and using bactericidal detergents.
– Water bottles, popcorn bowls, salts, vinegars and other communal items will be sanitised after leaving each table AND before going to the next.
– All the above will be stored in covered clean areas until required at your table.
– On being seated at your table we will sanitise it before laying it.
– We will use single use menus and laminated drinks lists that can be disposed of or sanitised after being handled.
– We will no longer supply newspapers and magazines.
– Following advice on social separation from countries in lockdown, we have removed several tables and re-configured our lounge to increase space between tables.
– We have strict procedures in place to control the disposal and sanitising of packaging and other materials coming in via deliveries.
– We have regular cleaning of all touch surfaces from the railings at the front of the hotel, to push plates, beer taps, soap dispenser handles, tills, phones, credit card terminals and any other surfaces that can be contaminated.
In return we ask that our guests do the following: –
– Wash or sanitise hands immediately on entering the building.
– Cough or sneeze into disposable tissues, and wash hands immediately after doing so.
– Use debit cards to reduce the use of cash.
– If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms or have been to any of the affected regions in the last 14 days, we would kindly ask you to contact us via phone or email if you wish to alter or cancel your reservation.
Unfortunately, some of the changes go against our policy of trying to be more environmentally friendly but this relatively short-term problem will take priority.
Sooner or later everything will be back to normal and we can go back to doing things the way we like them done. If you have any questions about our procedures please do not hesitate to contact us.
Meanwhile we thank you for your custom and trust you will enjoy your visit.